Watch for future articles on exotic wagering and race horse handicapping. Once you have announced the track, race and type of bet, tell the writer which horse you have selected by number and the amount of your bet. In most race and sports books, you can enjoy the races AND your favorite sporting events on the big screens.. As the race approaches, watch the simulcast screens and check your selections on the track’s ‘tote board’ for the latest odds, payouts and to ensure that your horse (or horses) haven’t been ‘scratched’ (withdrawn from the race).
4. Putting it all together – “Santa Anita, race three, two dollars to win on horse five”. Most major casino ‘books’ offer horse betting and simulcast the major domestic thoroughbred and harness tracks. Racing forms such as the Daily Racing Form and printed track programs are usually available at the ticket counter free or at a reduced charge.
3. Find a race and sports book that offers simulcasting and parimutuel betting. But for now, just sit back and enjoy the race. Then the type of bet. Study your racing form, program and tip sheets and make your selections.
1. Find a race and sports book that offers simulcasting and parimutuel betting.
1. If you find an error you must tell the writer at this time in order for him/her to void that ticket and issue a correct one.
Placing your bet is the easy part, selecting which horse to bet – that’s the hard part. Some also offer quarter-horse and greyhound wagering.
2. Placing your bet MUST be completed before the last horse enters the starting gate.
5. Check your ticket for accuracy. This can be a simple bet such as ‘win’ – a wager that your horse will finish first; ‘place’ – a wager that your horse will finish either first or second; or ‘show’ – a wager that your horse will finish first, second or third. There are also a number of ‘exotic’ bets that are beyond the scope of this article. All of the information you gave the ticket writer must appear on your ticket exactly as you announced it – track, race, horse, type of bet and amount. Go to the ticket writer and announce the name of the track you wish to bet, for example “Santa Anita”. Then the number of the race you wish to m88 asia bet, for example “race number three”
Latest posts by Charles N. Lucius (see all)
- Clinton gains in online betting markets after U.S. presidential debate| Reuters - April 3, 2017
- Make Bets That Assure You A Win - March 27, 2017
- Macau signals rebound as gambling revenues hit 2-year high in February| Reuters - March 6, 2017
More from my site